Special Populations II - Developmental, Medical/Physical Disabilities, Refuge Youth
Click on a heading/video below for more information:
- Developmental Check list http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/pdf/checklists/all_checklists.pdf
- The Center for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) has produced Fact Sheets and other helpful information on a variety of disabilities: http://www.cdc.gov/DataStatistics/
- Preparing foster adolescents for Independent Living: A COMPARISON OF DISABLED AND NON-DISABLED YOUTH
- A Case for Action for Children and Youth with Disabilities in Foster Care
- Transition Youth with Serious Mental Illness.
- Education and Immigrant Girls: Building Bridges between Cultures
- From We to Me : A Curriculum on Working with Transitioning Youth from the Perspective of Culture.
- Growing up in a New Country: A Positive Youth Development Toolkit for Working with Refugees and Immigrants.
- Mentoring Immigrant and Refugee Youth: A Toolkit for Program Coordinators.
- New Directions in Mentoring Refugee Youth